[kdepim-users] Kmail 5.2.0: No 'unread msgs" count on folders; cannot change font size in Message List

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Tue May 10 17:30:31 BST 2016

On Sat, 07 May 2016 19:04:01 +0200, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> KMail has two (exclusive) ways of showing the number of unread messages:
> 1. Directly after the name of the folder (in the Name column)
> 2. In a separate Unread column (which might be "hidden" if the folder
> list is too narrow)
>
> Enabling the Unread column will disable the other, disabling the Unread
> column will enable the other.

OIC - didn't know that - thank you Ingo!

But when I first started using Kmail 5.2.0, there were no visible
'unread' counts, as "1." above says there should be.

Only when I enabled the Unread Column did I see any, and only then when
I moved the Message Body Window to the right to expose it.

So next time on Mageia-6 will try disabling the Unread column, and then
check for normal Unread counts appearing...

(Perhaps there's a bug that needs "2." first, then cancel, to get "1."
!)

--
/\/\aurice