[kdepim-users] Kmail 5.2.0: No 'unread msgs" count on folders; cannot change font size in Message List

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat May 7 18:04:01 BST 2016

On Saturday 07 May 2016 17:24:58 ianseeks wrote:
> On Saturday, 7 May 2016 13:34:49 BST Maurice wrote:
> > On Sat, 07 May 2016 11:16:42 +0100, ianseeks wrote:
> > > If you right click the "Name" box above the folders, you get some
> > > options to change the appearance of the folder list
> > >
> >   Ah, yes -, many thanks!  Yes, the default has changed...
> >
> > Need to:
> >     1. R.click in 'Name' section above folder list
> >     2. In 'View Columns' section, select 'Unread'.
>
> I have to de-select "Unread" as if its selected, it does not display
> the count. I think i need to log it as a bug

KMail has two (exclusive) ways of showing the number of unread messages:
1. Directly after the name of the folder (in the Name column)
2. In a separate Unread column (which might be "hidden" if the folder
list is too narrow)

Enabling the Unread column will disable the other, disabling the Unread
column will enable the other.