[kdepim-users] Kmail pipe through filter

Jan Neuhäußer j.neuhaeusser at freenet.de
Fri Mar 4 11:51:43 GMT 2016

Hi,

I have some issues with a pipe-trough filter in kmail: I have created a small perl script and defined a filter that uses this script via pipe through. The documentation says, that the entire email will be passed via STDIN to the script.

But: if the filter is invoked automatically during the download of mails from my pop3 account (I am only using pop3) STDIN is empty!

The script itself does what it should, if e. g. invoked via "KmailFilter.pl < mail.mbox", with an email saved somewhere on the disk. It also works fine, when invoked manually for a specific mail in any of my local mail folders.

Any ideas how to get the email linked to the script when the emails are going to be downloaded?

I also tried modifying the filter definition and passing parameters to the script: One may pass the name of a file which should contain the email, but this file also is empty.

Here are some facts:

Kmail version 4.14.9 coming with openSUSE 13.2.

The perl script adds a "date"-header to the email, should it be missing. It takes the date out of some other header e. g. the "received"-header.

Any help appreciated,
cheers Jan