[kdepim-users] KMail has slowly become/has been impossible to use

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:26:53 BST 2016

On Thursday July 21 2016 18:12:14 Sudhir Khanger wrote:

Hi,

> 1. KMail creates too many simultaneous connections with the Zoho Mail server
> which forces them to block IMAP access to me.

That sounds like a regression from 4.13 at least ...

> 2. I use web, K-9 Mail, and KMail on a regular basis. If I check my email on
> web or K-9 Mail then almost always some email will never be marked as read. I

I have this with the current KMail 4.14 git/master too. Idem for "starred" messages. KMail 4.14 -> KMail 4.13/other MUAs works fine, the other way round doesn't.

> KDE folks kept telling me that my mistake is that I use Gmail. I took their

I truly hope that's not the exact wording, or else that those were not core KMail developers! I know that GMail has a quirky IMAP implementation but telling people to stop using what's probably the main (free) email provider on the planet (because your application has too rigid standards adherence to support said provider) is akin to telling them to find a better MUA.

R.