[kdepim-users] Ghost folder

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 17:12:12 GMT 2016

On Wednesday 03 February 2016 19:27:13 Anders Lund wrote:
> tirsdag den 2. februar 2016 21.24.00 CET skrev Ingo Klöcker:
> > On Tuesday 05 January 2016 11:17:27 Anders Lund wrote:
> > > During migration to the latest kmail version, I ended up with two
> > > folders
> > > named "Local folders" in my folder list. One of them is always "Local
> > > folders (offline)". I can not find this folder ANYWHERE in kmail2rc,
> > > akonadi folders and files, in .local or ANYWHERE else.
> >
> > The config files of the Akonadi resources are in ~/.config/akonadi. I have
> > a agent_config_akonadi_maildir_resource_0 containing
> > Name=Local Folders
> >
> > But, instead of messing around with config files you could also try to use
> > akonadiconsole to get rid of the ghost resource. Start it and on the
> > Agents
> > tab look for the surplus "Local Folders" resource.
>
> The ghost folders are not present in akonadiconsole, and I can not find them
> in ~/.config/akonadi. They are ghosts :o

Maybe they are only "registered" in the database. You can browse the database
with akonadiconsole (DB Browser).

Check the collectiontable for the surplus (renamed) "Local Folders"
collection. If you are adventurous then you can try to delete the ghost
collections with the DB Console. (So far, I only used the DB Console to delete
some flags from some items.)