Akonadi fails retrieving messages

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Tue Dec 27 22:25:17 GMT 2016

Hi,

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:15:01 PM CET Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm running akonadi 16.12 (official packages for OpenSUSE Tumbleweed).
>
> I can't open any message in KMail. > I've used akonadiconsole to get an idea
> what happens. The folders are all shown, and the data about the folder
> contents within the Akonadi DB is correct. However any fetch of an item
> fails - not only in KMail but also in akonadiconsole. The messages are in a
> mixedmaildir resource. Other resources (contacts, calendars) work fine.

Do you see list of emails when you open a folder? What exactly happens when
you select an email?

> What can I do to further track down the issue? Or should I simply wait for
> updated packages? (That would be a pity as I can access my messages only
> via a command line editor now.) FTR I've already installed the very latest
> packages as a message on the OpenSUSE mailing list indicated a build
> problem which is considered to be fixed now. But I still can't read my
> messages...

You could try running Akonadi and KMail from console to see if there are any
error messages. Open "konsole" and run:

akonadictl stop
(wait for ~30 seconds, or until "akonadictl status" says "Stopped")
kmail

Regards,
Dan

--