Akonadi fails retrieving messages

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Tue Dec 27 16:15:01 GMT 2016

Hello,
I'm running akonadi 16.12 (official packages for OpenSUSE Tumbleweed).

I can't open any message in KMail. I've used akonadiconsole to get an idea what happens. The folders are all shown, and the data about the folder contents within the Akonadi DB is correct. However any fetch of an item fails - not only in KMail but also in akonadiconsole. The messages are in a mixedmaildir resource. Other resources (contacts, calendars) work fine.

What can I do to further track down the issue? Or should I simply wait for updated packages? (That would be a pity as I can access my messages only via a command line editor now.) FTR I've already installed the very latest packages as a message on the OpenSUSE mailing list indicated a build problem which is considered to be fixed now. But I still can't read my messages...

Best regards,
Andreas