KMail: adding POP3 account

solitone solitone at mail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:22:09 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:59:36 PM CET Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> just add a new "Maildir resource" and select a folder on your filesystem
> where the emails will be stored. Then add a new POP3 Resource and configure
> it to fetch emails into the newly added maildir resource. You can then add
> more folders to the maildir resource and configure you local mail filters
> in KMail to filter the POP3 incoming emails to the subfolders.

Hi Dan, and thank you for your reply.

I don't know exactly where I am supposed to add a "Maildir resource". In my
KMail v. 5.2.3  I tried and added a new "receiving account" and chose
"Maildir".  It then proposed $HOME/.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_1 as
new location for my new maildir (akonadi_maildir_resource_0 corresponds to
Local Folders), created that folder (empty), and the associated new account
named akonadi_maildir_resource_1 (the account name can't be renamed from
here).

Then  I added a new "receiving account", and chose "POP3 E-Mail Server". It
proposes again Local Folders/inbox as destination folder, and when I try and
change that folder, it only allows me to choose between Local Folders and
subdirs, and the folders and subfolders associated with the previous IMAP
accounts. The newly created maildir folder does not appear in the directory
tree.

I don't know, this task begins to seem a bit contort, while I just need to
create a basic pop account :-)