Kmail 5.1.3 not showing jpeg/png images in email

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Tue Dec 6 17:39:54 GMT 2016

Further update for this bug.

I noticed today that KMail was not rendering images/HTML messages.  I did this
at the shell:

ps -AF|grep kmail

and saw about 40 processes like this:

jkugler   3501  3080  0 117569 29820  5 Nov25 ?        00:00:12 http.so
[kdeinit5] http local:/run/user/1000/klauncherXM3081.1.slave-socket local:/
run/user/1000/kmail2fT5983.396.slave-socket

All of them started on November 25 (probably the last time I started KMail).

I stopped KMail (had to `kill` it), and then killed all klauncher processes.
I then started KMail, and all the HTML messages and images rendered correctly.

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:48:10 AM AKST Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> So, I did an update yesterday (NOT KMail) and now HTML is rendering full e-
> mails.
>
> I've attache the relevant portion of the dpkg.log. The only only graphics-
> related things I see in there are ImageMagick, but somebody else may see
> soemthing else that jumps out. Maybe it was network related packages.
>
> If anyone wants my older dpkg logs...let me know. :)

> On Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:18:54 AM AKST Joshua J. Kugler wrote:

> > > That sounds like a regression to me. Please submit a bug report.
> >
> > Was a bug ever filed for this?

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, AK
Blogs: http://jjncj.com/blog/ (Family) -- http://joshuakugler.com (Geek)
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and under
the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD