Kmail 5.3.0

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 10:28:08 BST 2016

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:22:02 PM CEST ianseeks wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone else getting random crashes with 5.3.0?
> I've had crashes when it still loading new emails (probably as they are
> filtered off to sub-folders), opening and reading, manually moving emials to
> other folders.
> Unfortunately the crashes do not happen every time. I've tried to log a bug
> via the assistant when it comes up (not every time) but it seemed to hang on
> getting the backtrace. I'll keep trying to log it via the assistant.

If the DrKonqi does not work you can try to get the backtrace manually by
running KMail in GDB from terminal. Once there is a crash the app will freeze
as GDB "catches" the crash and you will be able to interact with GDB and
obtain the backtrace.

https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Debugging/
How_to_create_useful_crash_reports#Retrieving_a_backtrace_with_GDB

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683