[kdepim-users] akonadi grief

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Sep 16 20:11:02 BST 2015

Hi Anders,

Please quote properly.

Am Mittwoch, 16. September 2015, 19:17:00 CEST schrieb Anders Lund:
> onsdag den 16. september 2015 18.41.26 CEST skrev René J.V. Bertin:
> > On Wednesday September 16 2015 12:16:34 Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > There was a thread a while back about an issue someone had with
> > a huge mailfolder, I think it led to similar issues.
> > I cannot recall exactly how that was solved, but here are a few
> > things you can try. If at least akonadi only hangs when you
> > start kmail or kontact, but NOT when you just start it with the
> > imap agents offline (presuming you're talking about an imap
> > account...)
> >
> > In a terminal:
> > %> akonadictl stop ; akonadictl start
> > # do a check of the database
> > %> akonadictl fsck
> > # do some thorough spring-cleaning
> > %> akonadictl vacuum
> > # check once more for good measure
> > %> akonadictl fsck

> Thanks for the ideas, I tried that, and it did do a lot of cleaning.
> However, kmail still does not fetch new mail.

Did you also try to debug it with Akonadiconsole?

https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi/Development_Tools

Especially I am interested whether there is anything in the debugger tab when
you enable the debugger before Akonadi checks the folder.

Also restart akonadictl on Konsole and check for error messages there as well
or look into ~/.xsession-errors.

Also state version of KDEPIM/Akonadi. Use at least KDEPIM 4.14 and Akonadi
1.13.

Thanks
--
Martin