[kdepim-users] akonadi grief

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:41:26 BST 2015

On Wednesday September 16 2015 12:16:34 Gene Heskett wrote:

There was a thread a while back about an issue someone had with a huge mailfolder, I think it led to similar issues.
I cannot recall exactly how that was solved, but here are a few things you can try. If at least akonadi only hangs when you start kmail or kontact, but NOT when you just start it with the imap agents offline (presuming you're talking about an imap account...)

In a terminal:
%> akonadictl stop ; akonadictl start
# do a check of the database
%> akonadictl fsck
# do some thorough spring-cleaning
%> akonadictl vacuum
# check once more for good measure
%> akonadictl fsck

Then, I'd fire up akonadiconsole to check the server settings, and configure it to use the internal MySQL server if that isn't what you're using already. Postgresql is supposed to be even better, but I have no experience with that so I won't recommend it. If memory serves me well the migration is automatic.

When you do this, check your system first to see what mysql packages you have installed: from what I understand the MariaDB versions (v5.5x) are to be preferred.

Good luck,
R.