[kdepim-users] mail and news through Kontact, and notifications

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:14:30 BST 2015

Hi,

I've started to use Kontact to follow a number of usenet groups, in particular gmane groups that archive mailing lists I'm on. The goal was to follow only the activity on threads I contribute to. That works fine as long as I remember going into the Usenet "tab" and check each group manually.
But that never lasts long, that is, I tend to forget doing that operation if there hasn't been any activity for a few days and I've moved on to other things.
Curiously, KNode doesn't seem to have any kind of notification mechanism other than making threads with unread messages stand out. I have found no way to post another kind of notification when a new message arrives (in a watched thread, for instance), and curiously it also doesn't have the taskbar icon features that both kmail and akregator have.

Have I missed something? Does this have something to do with the fact that KNode doesn't rely on some sort of dedicated  akonadi agent?

Thanks,
R.