[kdepim-users] Kmail 4.14.5: Filters on incoming POP mail stopped working

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat Jul 18 11:42:49 BST 2015

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 21:23:32 +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I'm still waiting on an answer which files and directories one should
> backup (archive) when switching

I would be interested in that!

(Before the mess of early KMail2 began to fade away I looked into
jumping ship into Thunderbird, but at the time it did not cater for
the 'maildir' format, only mbox.

However, with the arrival of T'bird v38 and maildir handling, I'm
taking another look.
  One of the attractions of T'bird is that - to clone the user database -
one only has to copy the ~/.thunderbird directory.

 (Or to update an installation on same LAN:
 rsync -avx --delete ~/.thunderbird/ <other-lan-node>:/home/
<user>/.thunderbird )

--
/\/\aurice