[kdepim-users] Updating Kmail folders outside of KMail

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 28 04:20:33 GMT 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 07:50:31 PM Peter wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 01:28:42 PM Peter wrote:
> > I now have another problem, possibly related. I moved approx. 170 emails
> > from one folder to another within Kmail. These were duplicate emails.
> >
> > Now every few minutes, 2 extra emails are added to that folder, more
> > duplicates. There is now about 80 additional emails, sourced from KMail ??
>
> The folder is now showing 407 emails, yet on the disk there are only 199
> files for that folder. Is this just Akonadi not being in sync with KMail.
> How do I force Akonadi to use what is on disk, not what it "thinks" is
> there please ?

Extra emails aren't being added now, but Akonadi has duplicates in it, I could
see them by running the Akonadi console. There are 199 emails on disk, yet
KMail shows 407 because Akonadi has the duplicates.

Is there a command to run just on this one folder, from Akonadi console, to
get rid of the duplicates ?

Peter