[kdepim-users] WARNING: sometimes two copies of mysqld are running after stopping and starting Akonadi

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:21:49 GMT 2015

On Wednesday January 28 2015 10:38:10 Martin Steigerwald wrote:

>I read quite some times that people do
>
>akonadictl restart
>
>to work around and fix up issues with Akonadi temporily.
>
>I recommend: Don´t.

I do this regularly and never had issues, not even on a slow machine, on Linux and on OS X.

It would be interesting to know which mysql server people use who run into this issue. I replaced the default one shipped by Ubuntu with the MariaDB server, configured to use InnoDB through ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf. Extracts from that file:

# init file that disables logging:
init_file=/home/bertin/.config/mysql-no-logging.sql
# for running on ZFS:
innodb_use_native_aio=0
innodb_doublewrite = 0
# use InnoDB for transactions and better crash recovery
default_storage_engine=innodb
innodb_buffer_pool_size=256M
innodb_log_buffer_size=10M
query_cache_size=64M