[kdepim-users] deleted mail from gmail account ends up in local wastebin (sometimes)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 11:18:06 GMT 2015

On Friday January 09 2015 10:28:24 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

Morning!

I think I just found how to trigger this, doing the following:

1) send an email
2) while the email is being sent, delete a message before even getting the wallet unlock request to get the password for the smtp server

I immediately saw the unread/new message count after my "Local Folders" entry in the sidebar jump from 0+1 (the queued message) to 0+2 (queued+deleted messages). After the message was sent I could hit ^Z to undo the delete, and could then move the undeleted message to the correct wastebin.

This also explains why I get this mostly on my Linux system and not under OS X: the former is on slow hardware (1Ghz AMD C60 CPU, ZFS fs), the latter on much faster silicon (2.7Ghz i7; HFS+ and almost never asks me to unlock the wallet for the SMTP password). There's thus a much smaller time window in which apparently the IMAP trash folder is (considered to be) inaccessible.

Does this help in pinpointing where & what goes on in the code?

R.