[kdepim-users] Updating Kmail folders outside of KMail

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 26 06:05:36 GMT 2015

I have several KMail folders that have duplicate emails in them. Hundreds of
emails. Rather than go through each one and try and compare the contents, to
determine if deletion is required, I can use a few different methods to compare
the contents, to find the duplicates.

Tools like fdupes or Beyond compare,etc.

However , I know from past experiences, that if I change a KMail folders
contents, outside of KMail (file copy, remove,etc), it does not appear as it is
on the hard drive.

No doubt it is the akonadi backend. Can I change a Kmail folder (content) and
then issue some command to akonadi ?

Or, is it as simple as "Update folder" ?

Regards,

Peter