[kdepim-users] Fwd: akonadi 4 & 5 not coinstallable !

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Fri Dec 25 19:47:48 GMT 2015

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 12/25/2015 01:19 PM, Kevin Krammer wrote:

>> When I looked at how Akonadi was accessing its MySQL database, I
>> saw the fundamental problem:  1000's of unnecessary SQL calls.  As
>> all the data was in cache, this manifested itself as high CPU
>> utilization.
>
> You mean that clients were asking the server for data that they
> already had?  Any specific example?

Hi Kevin,

I did the investigation nearly a year ago:

    http://osdir.com/ml/kde-pim-users/2015-01/msg00055.html

If you need specific examples, I'm more than happy to set up a VM next
week and get you (or post) some SQL.  It shouldn't take long.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com