[kdepim-users] IMAP and permanent folder syncing

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Tue Dec 1 14:05:34 GMT 2015

Hey,

I'm using a external dovecot on a regular basis and don't your explained
behaviour. But I'm using, because it is an external one DIMAP to have the
offline functionallity.

I have a standard debian stable version of dovecot running, are you using any
newer dovecot?

But the think the problem lives in akonadi <-> kmail. Normally the behaviour
is any job that never ends. So please open akonadiconsole and go to the "job"
tab and aktivate the job logging and than use kmail uuntil it gets stuck and
than look to the job tab if there is one job running, that never ends. If yes
than we know that the problem is related to akonadi job handling.

Regards,

sandro