[kdepim-users] send email using a distribution list / contact group

Robert Nuske robert.nuske at nw-fva.de
Tue Sep 9 10:58:30 BST 2014

Dear  kontact users,

are there any tricks or workarounds to get Kmail to send an email to a group /
distribution list?

I am desperately trying to make use of a group with about 70 contacts created
in KAddressBook. I naively expected that Kmail would send the email to all
members of the group when I pick the group name  via the "Select..."-button
attached to the "To:"-Field. Kmail tells me that it is not a valid email
address without a '.'

I am trying to use a group in a local address book (personal contacts) in
kontact Version 4.13.3 on kubuntu 14.04.

cheers
  robert