[kdepim-users] Kontact does not remember pdf assignment

Mara Raram marararam at gmx.net
Tue Oct 14 13:11:18 BST 2014

Hi,

On 14.10.2014 13:01, Kevin Krammer wrote:

>>> What do you mean?
>>> It got changed to list evince first and then got changed back again to
>>> what
>>> eog first?
>>
>> I meant. I double checked it. - First one direction - put evince away from
>> the first place - that worked.
>> Then put it back to the first place - worked as well.
>
> Ok, so that file contains the correct setting?
>
> If it does and ktraderclient still shows the wrong order, try running
>
> kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
>
> Still strange that kioclient would see the right settings but Kontact would
> not. That part of the functionality is in the shared libraries.

It definitely is something that KMail/Kontact does wrong.

Left-clicking a pdf attachment in the mail head is opening some dialog
to choose an application from. For me, this is PDF-specific.

If for instance the attachment is an office document, I get a
four-button-dialog with save/open in libre office/open with.../cancel.
If I chose "open with" I get the application picker that I get instantly
for PDF.

If I right-click the PDF attachement and choose "open", okular starts.
Opening PDFs from dolphin also works.

Regards
Mara