[kdepim-users] changing database backend

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:17:14 GMT 2014

Hello,

I'd be interested to change from the builtin sqlite backend I'm currently using with the akonadiserver to using an "internal external" db server. I understand performance gains can be had with that, esp. if it can be configured to NOT do it's own form of COW since I'm running ZFS (innodb has such an option).

I'm by no means database savvy, so I'd like to advice concerning the best choice for the server and the options to run it with (knowing that I also use KMail on a "kick-around" 2yo netbook). Any special care to observe to convert an existing configuration from one db backend to the other (I'd hate to have to reconfigure all the other settings)?
On OS X/MacPorts, akonadi is configured by default to use mariadb; is that a good choice?

Thanks,
René