[kdepim-users] q: Kontact > External Editor -- activate via keyboard shortcut?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Nov 13 15:12:05 GMT 2014

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 11/13/2014 07:14 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

Hi Rene,

>> > What I'd like to do is use kontact's contact information to backfill
>> > select fields and when I get to the body, either:
>
> You're looking for something like Thunderbird's (old?) option to
> send plain text or html depending on contact preferences?

I think my needs a lot easier.  At the Compose window, I'd like to be
able to choose one of the three methods.

FWIW, I had migrated away from Kontact when it wasn't stable enough
for my needs (to Thunderbird) but now I'm thinking it may be mature
enough for me.  I'm test driving it inside a VM.

>> > flow for me but it may be a good enough work-around.  The other
>> > thought I had is perhaps I download the source and see if I can add
>> > the ability to create a keyboard shortcut ... hmmm.
>
> You could do that, but there ought to be no need if all that's
> missing is a keyboard shortcut. For that you should be able to use
> the shortcut editor. Have you tried that?

If by /shortcut editor/ you mean the /Configure Shortcuts/ screen,
yes, I looked there before posting.  I don't see any /Action/ related
to an External Editor.

I do see what you mean with mysqld chewing up quite a bit of
resources.  At the moment, it's quite CPU bound.  Almost suggesting
we're missing an index or two.  Although it could be that we're
issuing many, many point-SELECT's.  I may enable some query logging to
see what's going on.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com