[kdepim-users] new weird icon on gmail inbox folderlist entry

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 15:39:25 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 12 of November 2014 16:27:29 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After changing my akonadi db backend I now have another icon on the gmail
> inbox entry in the folderlist (columns for unread, total messages also had
> been switched on somehow). The icon looks like a generic "new document"
> icon. My other imap accounts have remained unchanged.

Inbox folders always have a different icon from other folders (so does Sent,
Trash, Drafts, Templates and Outbox).

It is set automatically by the IMAP resource when the folder has an \inbox
flag (or something like that).

> Is there a way to restore the normal icon?

You should be able to change it in Akonadi Console -> Browser tab -> right
click the folder -> Folder properties -> General tab -> Use custom icon.

However I'm not sure if the icon won't be overwritten on next collection sync.

Dan

> Regards,
> René

Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348