[kdepim-users] local mail

Luis Felipe Tabera Alonso taberalf at unican.es
Thu Nov 20 08:48:50 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 19 November 2014 19:06:56 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday, 2014-11-17, 18:09:17, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a resource among the several proposed local mail types that
> > provides a working inbox that allows to check the mail in $MAIL? If so,
> > how
> > does it obtain the location of the file where mail comes in?
>
> I use the mbox resource for that.
> The file location is one of the things it ask for when being configured
> after creation.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Does it work with /var/spool/mail/$USER ?

Because I have set that file as an mbox, and is a mess. New mails are not read,
kmail does not delete the emails, configured to compact every 5 msgs, and, when
I try to read the file with other tools, the emails are duplicated.

I tried to set $HOME/mbox also and use mailtutils to copy messages from
/var/spool to  $HOME/mbox but the result is the same.

Luis