[kdepim-users] local mail

Luis Felipe Tabera Alonso taberalf at unican.es
Sun Nov 30 18:07:38 GMT 2014

On Monday 24 November 2014 08:39:55 Johann Rohwer wrote:
> I use it with maildir format and it works just fine. I use postfix on my
> local machine mainly to deliver emails from various system checks and cron
> jobs. In my postfix main.cf I have set:
> home_mailbox = .local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0/inbox/
> (note the final trailing slash which specifies maildir format).
>
> I have then set up an akonadi maildir resource ("Local Folders") that points
> to:
> $HOME/.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0
>
> This is just a maildir hierarchy which can be read by other mail utilities
> as well (for example I have set it up to work with mutt for just doing a
> quick check on the command line).
>
> I have had no issues at all with this set up. In fact, I am using the "Local
> Folders" resource as an archive to move messages from my work IMAP account
> (using the "Expire" menu item from folder properties). Akonadi/baloo
> indexing works on the folders as expected.

Johann,

Can you check that the number of files in your maildir resource
.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0/inbox/ is the same as the number
appearing in kmail? Because this is another issue I am experiencing, not all
mails are correctly moved from a (disconnecte) IMAP to a local maildir.

Best,

Luis