[kdepim-users] Fwd: symbol visibility on OS X 10.9

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:06:04 GMT 2014

On Friday November 21 2014 00:10:31 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

Whatever causes it, rebuilding baloo, akonadi and kdepim* with -fvisibility=default (and ditto for the inlines variant, through the CMAKE_?_VISIBILITY_PRESET variables in the CMakeLists.txt) doesn't resolve anything. At least not as long as -fvisibility=hidden remains passed in earlier on the compiler command line.

What surprises me is that the dynamic_cast errors appear in the system.log and not on the calling terminal (if I start the applications from there). That means they're most likely not printed by the applications themselves, but if so, who does??

R.