[kdepim-users] I want to stay with KDEPIM-2, Akonadi, Baloo (was: Re: Searching in KMail?)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat May 10 15:50:30 BST 2014

On Saturday 10 May 2014 10:13:52 Werner Joss did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Am Samstag, 10. Mai 2014, 09:52:39 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> > Can it import what I have?  The new install will be on a different
> > drive, and this one will still be mountable.
>
> just export your mails via extras->export.
> this will create an archiv file which you can import in your new
> installation via extras->import.
>
> Werner

Not available in 1.13.5. I even checked the toolbar config menu to make
sure I hadn't hidden it.

Alternative methods?  Mailfiles I know I can just copy to the new
/var/spool/mail/myname and do a fetch local.

But how do I make the archive of a maildir tree?

I also see 14.04-1 isn't out yet. :(  Estimated time for the respin?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)