[kdepim-users] KMail 4.11.4: 'Junk' warning

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon May 26 07:50:17 BST 2014

On 25/05/2014 19:29, Maurice wrote:
> Although I have not knowingly installed any anti-spam or anti-virus
> apps, recently KMail has recently started occasionally showing an
> orange-brown narrow window above an email message body, with options
> inviting the selection of e.g. 'Not junk', or something like that.
>    Having never seen this behaviour before in many years' use of KMail,
> I'm wondering what is going on and why it should suddenly start doing
> this!
>
> Anyone else seen this, or know where this function is described?

I am on a later version, 4.13.1, and in Settings the tab Security have
an area for Email Scams where you can set if KMail should analyze emails
for possible scam or not, a whitelist function and so on

Scams and Spam/Junk ar slightly different "types" of email you do not
want. Personally I have switched off the Scam analyze as it seems to be
less accurate while I use a combination of crm114 and Spambayes for junk
mail filtering

all the best,
Sinclair