[kdepim-users] Scary dialogs

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Mar 3 17:10:42 GMT 2014

On Mandag den 3. marts 2014 11:18:23, ITSEF Admin wrote:
> On Monday 03 March 2014 08:53:10 Anders Lund wrote:
> > Enabling/disabling my owncloud calendars did not help, but restarting
> > akonadi did. Somehow, the thing lost its mind...
>
> You wouldn't happen to have had a shutdown on the IMAP server side? Akonadi
> does NOT like the server going down in our experience and I've seen
> situations where I was forced to use akonadiconsole to delete the
> Akonadi-cache after the server had been down while Akonadi was still
> running. I've filed a bug for this but nothing seems to have been done with
> it so far. Right now, Akonadi looks about as unreliable as the old Kontact
> was with its index files (especially when using NFS).
>
> Cheerio,
> Thomas

Mail works flawlessly, the problem is with my calendars and addressbooks, which are
stored in owncloud. They are accessed using webdav/carddav/caldav, and it does not
work well, since bothe types of resources are regularly dropped, and later recreated with
new akonadi IDs, causing all sorts of pain with address completion, and frustration due to
not being able to use the data while missing.

--
Anders