[kdepim-users] Sending E-Mail without KMail/Kontact actually running leads to "loss" of E-Mail

Benedikt Engelhard be at benedikt-engelhard.de
Fri Mar 21 12:55:30 GMT 2014

Hi Andreas,

first: I found the mails I sent the way I described in my first mail:
the mails are not lost as I feared, they just got moved to the "local folder"
sent folder. I do not have a local mail account configured (or using pop3), so
that "local folder" remained closed and I never looked into it (just now by
accident).

My IMAP identity has a sent folder (on the imap server) assigned. It usually
works, and mails get moved there into the imap sent folder. I tried removing /
changing the imap identity's sent folder, but the case remains: mails without
running kmail get moved to the "local folder" sent folder and not to the imap
sent folder.

So the main issue is "resolved" (the mails do not get lost), but the weird
behaviour remains. Now that I know that my sent mails do not get lost in the
Akonadi void I can rest much better ;)

Thanks & Greetings,

Ben