[kdepim-users] Local mail folders not found

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Mar 2 10:15:52 GMT 2014

On Thursday, 2014-02-27, 15:58:08, Peter wrote:
> Now I can't see the local mail folders. This is in KMail version 4.9.5. I'm
> only setting this up temporarily, only a few emails. I have sent and
> received various emails todays, and I can see them under
>
> /.local/share/.local-mail         path
>
> and that is what is specified under the settings, in confgure KMail.
>
> However, when I enter KMail, it goes and creates ew folders for sent-mail
> and outbox under this path
>
> /.local/share/.local-mail.directory
>
> and so I can't see the emails from today, just 2 empty folders.
>
> Why is KMail appending ".directory" to what is specified in the config
> settings ?

The .directory is where the sub folders are.

E.g. if you have a mail folder structure like the following in KMail

Mailinglists
    kdepim-users

Then on the file system this looks like this

Mailinglists
Mailinglists/cur
.Mailinglists.directory
.Mailinglists.directory.kdepim-users
.Mailinglists.directory.kdepim-users/cur

The "cur" directories is where each folders email is.

In your case I am not totally sure where that .local-mail directory comes
from, here it is called local-mail (without the leading dot).

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring