[kdepim-users] Scary dialogs

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Mar 3 12:23:56 GMT 2014

Am Montag, 3. März 2014, 11:07:51 schrieb Mathias Homann:
> > Btw, jsut curious, how do the many other programs that use SQLite handle
> > this, e.g. Mozilla's applications?
>
> Just as badly, hence my firefox profile folder being a symlink into
> /dev/shm  that gets rsync'd on login and logout.
>
> With akonadi I started using a central mysql server instead of local
> sqlite,  that made it suck a bit less, but virtuoso indexing over nfs is
> still a major PITA, regularly freezing up both client AND SERVER.

Again something I did not see at my workstation at work. Well the export is
located on a NetApp FAS, so it uses the NFS server implementation in Ontap,
not the one from Linux.

Both Nepomuk and Akonadi (with MySQL database in home directory) work with NFS
on that workstation.

Are you sure your NFS server is properly configured? An application shouldn´t
be able to *freeze* it.