[kdepim-users] Blogilo and Blogspot.com blog

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:18:38 BST 2014

Kubuntu 14.04 and KDE 4.13.1

It has been a while since I set up Blogilo to work with a
blogspot-hosted blog. Since then I have made "clean installation" and
now thought I would configure it again.

Sadly Blogilo seems not to be maintained so the setup "wizard" for a
blogspot account fails. After much searching I found this suggestion:

----------------
  How to manually Configure BLOGILO (Blog manager for linux) for blogger.com
1)- Blog/Homepage URL-
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1853225125323725410 (some thing
like this, copy the URL after login on blogger and open design/loyout
page for your specific blog)

2) USERNAME and PASSWORD -- abc at gmail.com and XXXXXXXX (as your login ID)

ADVANCE-
1)- Select from dropdown box -- BLOGSPOT.COM
2)- Blog ID- enter from above URL, like (1853225125323725410)
3)- Text direction -- as u wish
now OK option is appeared
then click OK

This seems to "kind of work" in that it seems that Blogilo contacts the
account, downloads titles of earlier posts and so on.

But so far any attempt to post something is failing. Blogilo happily
reports that the post has been submitted but nothing shows up on the
blog, neither in Drafts or as a submitted post.

Is anyone successfully using Blogilo with Blogspot or should I just give
up and look for an alternative?

Kind regards
Sinclair