[kdepim-users] Blogilo and Blogspot.com blog

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 08:40:33 BST 2014

On Wednesday 04 of June 2014 11:18:38 O. Sinclair wrote:
> Kubuntu 14.04 and KDE 4.13.1
>

> It has been a while since I set up Blogilo to work with a
> blogspot-hosted blog. Since then I have made "clean installation" and
> now thought I would configure it again.
>
> Sadly Blogilo seems not to be maintained so the setup "wizard" for a
> blogspot account fails. After much searching I found this suggestion:

Hi,

could you please open a new bug report against Blogilo on bugs.kde.org,
please? I'll try to take a look at the blogspot support, but no promises ;-)
On bugs.k.o it's more probably that someone will pick it up if I forget, or
fail to fix it :-)

Cheers,
Dan

> ----------------
>   How to manually Configure BLOGILO (Blog manager for linux) for blogger.com
> 1)- Blog/Homepage URL-
> http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1853225125323725410 (some thing
> like this, copy the URL after login on blogger and open design/loyout
> page for your specific blog)
>
> 2) USERNAME and PASSWORD -- abc at gmail.com and XXXXXXXX (as your login ID)
>

> ADVANCE-
> 1)- Select from dropdown box -- BLOGSPOT.COM
> 2)- Blog ID- enter from above URL, like (1853225125323725410)
> 3)- Text direction -- as u wish
> now OK option is appeared
> then click OK
> ---------------------
>
> This seems to "kind of work" in that it seems that Blogilo contacts the
> account, downloads titles of earlier posts and so on.
>
> But so far any attempt to post something is failing. Blogilo happily
> reports that the post has been submitted but nothing shows up on the
> blog, neither in Drafts or as a submitted post.
>
> Is anyone successfully using Blogilo with Blogspot or should I just give
> up and look for an alternative?
>
> Kind regards
> Sinclair

Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348