[kdepim-users] Korganiizer: How to add calendar on IMAP folder?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Feb 14 21:46:09 GMT 2014

On Thursday 13 February 2014 19:30:33 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday, 2014-02-13, 17:53:00, Florian Auer wrote:
> > On Monday 10 February 2014 17:54:07 lists at floeschie.org wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > according to the Korganizer manual, it is possible to add a
> > > calendar
> > > which is located on a diconnected IMAP account folder [1].
> > > However, using Kontact 4.11.3 on Kubuntu 13.10, I cannot find
> > > this option. There is also no "Groupware" tab in the "Misc"
> > > settings of my disconnected IMAP account. Is there some extra
> > > (Akonadi) package I have to install?
>
> As far as I can tell that (Calendar on IMAP) should still be possible,
> this is was Kolab is doing.
> I think it requires that the IMAP server supports folder annotations
> and that certain folders have those annotations telling the client do
> treat emails in such folders as containers for events, contacts, etc.
>
> On the client side this is handled by the "Kolab Resource", a helper
> process that basically "subscribes" to those IMAP folders and maps
> their actual contents into respective Contact or Calendar folders.

Many years ago IMAP calendars were possible without using Kolab. The
generic "Groupware" feature died either with the switch to KDE 4 or with
the switch to Akonadi. Hmm, or it died with the switch to the new Kolab
XML format. Anyway, it's gone since a long time. Nowadays, the Kolab
resource is the only way for storing a calendar in an IMAP folder.