[kdepim-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Why won't kmail send keep password?

James K Gruetzner jkgruet at sandia.gov
Thu Dec 11 21:31:10 GMT 2014

On Tue 09 Dec 2014 AD 23:01:22 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On 20141209 18:22, James K Gruetzner wrote:
> > If I don't go through the rigamarole, the email will not send and remains
> > in the outbox, failing server authentication.
>
> Could you try restarting the mailtransport agent, for instance through
> akonadiconsole? I don't recall its status, but I submitted a patch some
> time ago that removes the transport agent's silly decision to stop querying
> the kwallet after a single failure (which can be a timeout). Your symptoms
> sound a little different than what I was experiencing (no longer since I'm
> running my own patch) but restarting the agent is the 1st thing to try.
>
> R.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not sure that restarting the agent in akonadiconsole
is a worthwhile solution.
Doing the procedure:
1. Select Settings > Configure KMail
2. Select Accounts
3. Select the "Sending" tab
4. Click on the default SMTP account
5. Click on Modify
6. Click OK
7. Click OK

 . . . seems a bit more takes even less time and solves the problem -- until the next
time I run kmail..

Thanks again,
   James