[kdepim-users] I want my KNotes back

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Thu Aug 14 22:57:26 BST 2014

Hi there!

When KDE 4.13.0 came out, knotes-migrator failed to convert my notes.
When I run knotes-migrator --interactive, I get an empty window, nothing
happens. Except that in ~/.kde4/share/apps/knotesmigrator/migration.log I
see 'Starting migration.../Migration finished.' messages.

Now all my notes are gone.

I'm at 4.13.3. now. I deleted all notes in the Akonadi settings, and
created a new notes resource, pointing to
~/.kde4/share/apps/knotes/notes.ics, which I verified to have all my
former notes in it. Nothing happens (I also restarted knotes), knotes
shows no notes at all.

While I was able to create new notes, even this is now no longer
possible. I have a 'Local Notes' (translated from German) collection in
the KNotes settings, which I checked, but when I try to create a new
note, nothing happens at all.

I also tried another user, without any .kde4 directory. When I created a
new note, another one appeared. When I edited one, I got a dialog warning
about conflicts. I deleted those notes, and now it seems to be fine. But
when I create a new resource and point it to my existing knotes file,
nothing happens. So it's not a problem with a messed up configuration of
my existing user.

I really need my notes back. What shall I do? Help is much appreciated.

	Wonko