[kdepim-users] strange "lag" and cpu usage when previewing certain HTML mail in KMail

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:40:28 BST 2014

On Kubuntu 14.04I have noticed that certain HTML mail take several
seconds before preview (or open). During the "lag" KMail basically
freeze and my laptop fan runs amok.

It is difficult to give examples as it is not all HTML but one is
basically any from cnet.com (I subscribe to several newsletters).

Has anyone else noticed this or is it unique to something in my
setup/configuration.

This is KDEPIM 4.13 with the baloo indexing

Kind regards
Sinclair