[kdepim-users] Kontact Citadel Problem - Calendar, Contacts not working

gary gary at corvustechnology.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 17:06:47 BST 2014

Hi,
I have just installed Linux Mint 16, KDE Desktop, Citadel 8.24, Kontact 4.8.5
on computer 1.
Connecting Kontact to Citadel so that email, Calender and Contacts are
accessible has been successful on computer 1.
I then installed Kontact on a second computer on my LAN running Linux Mint 16
and KDE and the problems started. Connecting Kontact on the second computer
has been partially successful. Email works. Calender and contacts do not work
fully. I cannot see any existing calendar entries from the second computer. If
I enter a new calendar entry on 2nd computer it appears in Citadel (can see it
on from Computer 1 using WebCit or Kontact). However, If I make changes on
Computer 1 the changes are not updated on computer 2. I can delete the
calender entry on computer 1 and the respective calender entry disappears from
computer 2.
Connecting Kontact and specifically Calendars on both computers was straight
forward using groupDav. After entering the connection info into the Kontact
DAV groupware resource wizard I have a successful test connection.
I am not quite sure what to try next so any suggestions would be welcome. I
would be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully got Kontact and
Citadel working on a number of computers on a LAN.
Thanks.
Gary Scott