[kdepim-users] KMail 4.11.1 - Hangs on 'Retrieving Folder Contents'?

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sat Sep 14 16:51:17 BST 2013

On Saturday 14 September 2013 16:37 Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> On Thursday 12 September 2013 10:36:34 Paul Sobey wrote:
> >  opening new emails takes several minutes
> >
> > each. It's pretty unusable.
>
> I've got pretty much the same issues with 4.11.1, but only on one of my
> boxes.  I may have found the culprit, but not how to fix it.

After messing around with it for a while I may have found a solution, but not
sure if stick between logins.

I closed down Akonadi with 'akonadictl stop'. I had to several times run
'nepomukctl restart' before it finally came up with all services running.
After starting akonadi again it came up fine showing the correct Virtuoso
backend and loading messages is smooth again.

Userbase suggests[*]: "if you aren't able to read some emails and see a
message with " please wait ... ", you may logout and login KDE session to
reinitialize all processes, might help."
Not really a confident suggestion, and I had already tried that.

[*]
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Can.27t_read_any_details_of_some_messages_or_big_delays_to_read_it

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards