[kdepim-users] Still 100% CPU when using Kontact - nearly SOLVED!

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:50:49 BST 2013

Dear Bas,

good to see you never seem to give up. When the going gets tough, the
tough gets going, no?

As for me I have to say that I can not work with 13.04 and KDE 4.11.1
due to two different reasons:
1. 13.04 has a kernel bug related to us poor guys who bought computers
with dual GPU, in my case AMD/Intel. The AMD drivers do not work since
11.04 and the kernel in 13.04 can not switch off the AMD card = battery
eaten alive and CPU going mad
2. KDE 4.11.1 does strange things to the akonadi/nepomuk chain. Again. I
could not search for anything in desktop, in KDEPIM search was really
strange. If you go to kdeforums you will find a thread on this (started
by me) that points to a bug/recession in nepomuk 4.11.1

I am back at Kubuntu 12.10 and KDE 4.10.5 myself. Bas - do install
Remastersys, the best thing invented since linux itself. You can make a
clean copy of your installation and revert to it in about 20 minutes.

Ole, ha det gott du då, från en svensk

Kind regards
Sinclair