[kdepim-users] Kmail keeps going off-line

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Fri Sep 27 23:40:34 BST 2013

On Friday 27 September 2013 18:27:45 John Aldrich wrote:
> For some reason, my IMAP accounts keep going offline and I have to manually
> put  them BACK on-line. This is KMail 4.10.5 on KDE 4.10.5 and Fedora 18. I
> have a fully-updated system.

I'm also running KMail/KDE 4.10.5, but on a fully up-to-date Debian Sid
system, and I experience the same thing.
The error msg what is usually given is "can't read the password" while other
apps have no problem reading it from an open kwallet. What's even weirder is
that sometimes one IMAP account experiences that problem, while another IMAP
account doesn't. All my passwords are stored in the same (k)wallet.

My workaround is:
- Start Akonadi Console
- Restart agent(s) which happens without issue and/or me providing the
password to my wallet. Those agents are then in offline mode, so ...
- I toggle the agent from Offline to Online
Problem 'solved'.

--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6