[kdepim-users] KMail 4.11.1 - Hangs on 'Retrieving Folder Contents'?

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sat Sep 14 15:37:49 BST 2013

On Thursday 12 September 2013 10:36:34 Paul Sobey wrote:
>  opening new emails takes several minutes
> each. It's pretty unusable.

I've got pretty much the same issues with 4.11.1, but only on one of my boxes.
I may have found the culprit, but not how to fix it.

On my laptop everything works smoothly and akonadictl status says:

Akonadi Control: running
Akonadi Server: running
Akonadi Server Search Support: available (backend: Virtuoso)

On my desktop PC it's slow as swimming in molasses. Loading a message takes
around a minute, and from the debug output in akonadiconsole it seems to
refetch the messages from the IMAP server each time.

akonadictl status takes a long time to run and says:

Akonadi Control: running
Akonadi Server: running
Akonadi Server Search Support: available (backend: Unknown)

When stopping akonadi via akonadiconsole it says that akonadi is not
operational (when doing it on my laptop it says it's not running when stopping
it) and akonadi_control.error shows:

ProcessControl: Application /usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder stopped
unexpectedly ( "Process crashed" )
ProcessControl: Application /usr/bin/akonadi_imap_resource stopped
unexpectedly ( "Process crashed" )

and akonadiserver.error says:

Nepomuk Query Server not available

In akonadiconsole the Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder status is "Waiting for Nepomuk to
start" even though in System Settings/Desktop Search it says it's running, but
the email file indexer is suspended.
I tried to disable the Email indexer/apply, enable it again/apply and it then
changed status to "Ready to index data", but it still takes forever to load an
email.
--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Tanghus