[kdepim-users] No indexed mails

Jörg Schaible Joerg.Schaible at scalaris.com
Thu Oct 10 14:17:53 BST 2013

O. Sinclair wrote:

> On 09/10/2013 14:21, Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
>>>
>>> What's the status message of the Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder in the Akonadi
>>> Console?
>>
>> Right now it is online with the message "Indexing completed". When I
>> start a new session, it is Indexing for a couple of minutes
>>
> nepomukpimindexerutility was an interesting find indeed! It showed me
> something I have suspected for quite some time, that most of my
> mailfolders were not indexed or partially indexed...
>
> After painstakingly indexing or re-indexing those folders I am
> interested in (eg I skip Spam and so on) I now have a way better
> hit-rate on searches. It (the nepomukpim...) does not work on
> sub-folders sadly (and I have quite a few) so had to click my way
> through my various folders and index/re-index each and every one.

Actually it does not work for me (KDE 4.10.5). While the folder is then
marked as indexed, the mails within are not. Start the utility from command-
line and you will see the same failing fetches :-/

> What I have now noticed: newly arrived mail does not get indexed until
> next time you start KMail/Kontact. I can live with that though but
> clearly there is no "daemon" checking new mail in folders while KMail is
> running.

As I wrote in another message of this thread, any mail that actually was
displayed in the preview will get indexed for me.

> Thanks for the tip re nepomukpimindexerutility though, it has sorted
> something that mystified. Many folders were set to "indexinglevel 3" but
> actually not indexed.

Note, that my nepomukpimindexerutility does not refresh its display, so I
have to restart it to see the new state.

- Jörg