[kdepim-users] How to email to a list of people?

Michel Pitermann michel.pitermann at lpl-aix.fr
Mon Nov 4 22:28:03 GMT 2013

Hello,

I created a group of people once by writing a list of emails in the Composer
window and using the "Save List" button, and once by using Create Group of
KAddressBook.  In both cases I ended up with a group.  When I tried to enter a
group name in an address field of the Composer window, it did not auto-
complete while regular email addresses are auto-completed.  If I just typed
the name of a group such as "test", KMail did not expand the group in email
addresses and it sent the email to test at my_hostname.  Is this a bug?  Is there
another way to create a list of email addresses?

When in KAddressBook I create a regular email address that contains several
email addresses, when I type the name of the regular email, auto-completion
suggests all the individual addresses but not a way to include them all. I
really do not know how to create my lists.  I have not found anything in the
manual.

I use KMail 4.4.11.1 on the last Linux Mint Debian Edition which is based on a
Debian Jessie distribution.

Thank for any piece of advise,

pit