[kdepim-users] Moving KMail to another computer
peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 11 07:49:56 GMT 2013
1. I'm wanting to move my Kubuntu to another computer, and have looked at the
docs on the KDE website, ...
Are these documents completely up to date ?
The docs state everything under ~/.local/share, but there are lots of paths
akonadi backintime gsettings-data-convert icc mime recently-
used.xbel sbackup totem ubuntuone user-places.xbel.bak vlc
applications contacts gvfs-metadata local-mail notes rhythmbox
telepathy Trash user-places.xbel user-places.xbel.tbcache webkit
surely ONLY the akonadi path, and not the others ??
2. I had a note about "For the address book you also need
~/.local/share/contacts", however that path is empty, but will copy it anyway.
3. Am currently running Ubuntu 12.04 (Kubuntu desktop), and wanting to
update to version 13.10 (saucy). The KMail version is
Using KDE Development Platform 4.8.5 (4.8.5)
>From the package lists, it seems that Ubuntu 13.10 has KMail version of
18.104.22.168 ( 4:4.11.2-0ubuntu1: amd64 i386). How come I'm on an older release of
Ubuntu, but a later release of KMail.
4. For KWallet, there is also ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl
5. What about all the emails ? Do I simply copy them all into their
appropriate paths/folders, or do I use "Import Messages". All my emails are
single files per email.
KDE PIM users mailing list
Subscription management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users
More information about the kdepim-users