[kdepim-users] How to email to a list of people?

Upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sat Nov 23 17:28:06 GMT 2013

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:26:54 AM Michel Pitermann wrote:
> > ok, but this does obviously not guarantee mail to groups/lists will
> > work :) as I mentioned before, kmail since 4.11.1 does this (and
> > many other things) now quite ok, so I recommend to give it a try
> > (however, the whole akonadi thingy is still hard to troubleshoot
> > and not well documented, plus ressource hungry/somewhat slow - on
> > the other hand, there are really useful features like flexible
> > ressource options, such as finally working google
> > contacts/calendars etc...)
>
> Too many people complain about Akonadi's ressource hunger.  I am not
> interested in the features you mentionned.  I would like just an email
> client, not a database manager.  Current version of Thunderbird
> cannot handle Maildir format in movemail accounts, Evolution has so
> many bugs that it has become a real pain.  I hope to be able tu use
> KMail.  It is just this List problem :-(
>
> pit
>
> --
I may have missed your version of kmail. I use KDE 4.11.3 now. If you
are using Kontact; select Contacts then file --> New --> New Group;
Select your address book the names are in, Select names you want to add
and a name for the group. After saving go to kmail and you should see
the group there. (sometimes I have to restart kmail before the group
shows). select the group for TO: or CC: or? Click send and the message
should go to anyone in the group.

Hope this helps:

Russ