[kdepim-users] How to email to a list of people?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sat Nov 23 18:36:27 GMT 2013

Am Samstag, 23. November 2013, 19:23:27 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> On Saturday 23 November 2013 12:56:43 Mike McGinn wrote:
> > I run a usable version of Kmail under Debian Wheezy. Nevertheless, I am
> > concerned with what my Kmail future holds. I decided to take control of
> > things. I have a few gig of mail stored, so I installed dovecot and set up
> > a  local IMAP server. All my saved mails are now in an IMAP folder in my
> > home directory. Thuderbird does IMAP. I had exim set up to use a smart
> > host
> > for the slrn news reader anyway (it was already there for cron to mail
> > me).
> > All my outgoing mail now goes through sendmail. Next I got fetchmail
> > working which now sends all mail to my local inbox.
>
> Have you written a how-to or sth like that? I'd like to learn/do that too!

just for the record: awhile ago, I wrote up a howto on this topic (including
spam filter) mainly for myself:
http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/kde/spam.php
although this is now somewhat outdated, it still holds for the most parts.
and yes, dovecot is even easier to configure as the described courier-imap.
btw., I use imap servers (remote and local) for all my email accounts, much
more reliable than any local maildir/mbox/akonadi/whatever thingy.

werner